The historic Detweiler Meetinghouse created in 1855, is the only surviving stone meetinghouse built by Mennonite pioneers in Ontario. The restored meeting house was dedicated in September 1999.
Historical Design features include:
– 150 year old warm pine floor and furnishings
– original antique window glass, channeling in natural sunlight
– 2 foot thick granite field stone walls built by the pioneer farmers
– granite fieldstone from nearby farm fields