The City of London has an historic opportunity to create a seniors’ community on the site of the recently constructed Dearness Home Long-Term Care Facility that will minimize the inevitable difficulties arising out of aging. Through congregate living, seniors will maintain their independence and choice for self-direction. The City of London plans to leverage the Dearness Home asset to meet future needs and maximize the social and financial returns. By planning for the future and taking control of their individual health needs the seniors living at the Dearness Campus will delay the need for health services.
- 11 acres of developable land
- adjacent to existing Dearness Home LTC Facility
- 4 parcels for development
- continuum of care community
- 240 – 300 living units
- independent living suites and assisted living suites